Housing is a Necessity…
MHCL is cognizant of adequate housing as a right to adequate standard of living as recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) of 1948. A right that has been entrenched in Kenya’s new Constitution, 2010 under the economic and social rights: “to accessible and adequate housing, and to reasonable standard of sanitation”.
Kenya’s Vision 2030 also recognizes that only 23% (or 35,000 units) of the demand for housing is supplied annually and that only 20% of this supply caters for the low income households although they constitute the majority of households in Kenya.
MHCL’s core business is to:
- Mobilize deposits from members and non members of the sacco
- Purchase of suitable parcels of land on behalf of stakeholders
- Ensure and oversee the survey and allocation of parcels of land to members and
- Guide estate company’s into development of houses at affordable costs
- Post construction management of estates at affordable rates.